The organizing and scientific committees are proud to invite you to the 33rd Symposium of the Belgian Hospital Physicists Association which will take place in Charleroi the 2nd and 3rd of February 2018.
The theme of this meeting is « Finding, Following, Fighting ». It reflects the complementarity of our three disciplines in the fight against cancer.
We hope that the scientific program will highlight the collaboration between the Radiology, the Nuclear Medicine and the Radiotherapy physicists. We have invited famous national and international experts around which tremendous scientific presentations will be proffered.
A session dedicated to quality management will be organized on Friday. The same day, our General Assembly will occur at the end of the program followed by some unmissable social event that will take place in an idyllic setting.
We are looking forward to share another scientific success during this 33rd BHPA symposium at Charleroi !
The organizing and scientific committees.
According to the local history the « Abbaye d’Aulne » was founded in the 7th century by Landelin who was a repentant brigand.
It was not until the 12th century that Fr. Bernard de Clairvaux sent a delegation of monks that Aulne should find all its influence, both temporal and spiritual.
In the 18th century, natural and human deterioration will motivate the abbot Louant and later the abbot Scrippe to restore the abbey.
It is in this enchanting setting that our evening will be held.
We will start by visiting the ruins of the Abbey. Then, the dinner will be served in the reception room « La Carrosserie ».
Transport between the « CEME » and the Abbey will be provided by bus. More informations will be displayed at the entrance of the congress.
Address : Rue Émile Vandervelde 275, 6534 Gozée
Source : www.thuin.be
What we can expect from QC performed by analysing dynamic Log files produced by "traditional" LINACs used in Radiation Therapy
EPID response modeling with Monte Carlo for Novalis TrueBeam STx
Novel Technique for Reduction of Patient Radiation Dose, Excellent Image Quality and Air Cleanliness in a Hybrid Cardiac Catherization Laboratory
Use of 3D printing to generate patient-specific electron beam aperture blocks
Use of a dose monitoring system in routine QA and individual patient dosimetry
Our symposium will take place at the "CEME", the "Charleroi Espace Meeting Européen".
Address : Rue des Français 147, 6020 Charleroi
How to get there?
By car :
- Via A54 : Exit n°28 N5 (Dampremy – Marchienne).
- N5 : To Lodelinsart, at the crossroads, follow roadsigns.
- GPS: Fill in the destination area with the following address: rue de Gohyssart,1 – 6020 Charleroi (Dampremy).
By subway :
- Line M3 from « Charleroi-Sud » Station to the stop « La planche ». Then walk 400m to the end of the street « des Français ».
By plane :
- At a short distance from the Congress Centre, BSCA – Brussels South Charleroi Airport proposes regular flights to several european cities.
Source : www.ceme.be
1. Ibis Charleroi Centre (2.3km)
2. Leonardo Hotel Charleroi-City (2.9km)
3. Leonardo Hotel Charleroi (3.8km)
4. Charleroi Hotel South (4.7km)
5. Formule 1 Charleroi Airport (5.6km)
6. Charleroi Airport – Van Der Valk (6.1km)
7. Balladins Charleroi Aéroport (6.8km)
8. Best Western Plus Aero 44 (7.7km)
9. Ibis Budget Charleroi Airport (8.8km)
10. Ibis Charleroi Airport (11km)
Contact & Address
GHdC - Saint Joseph
6 Rue Marguerite Depasse
+32 71 10 72 88